It’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything. I just can’t seem to find the time to write. I suppose I’ll never find the time to write unless I just do it though.
But it’s Tuesday and for what it’s worth, here are 5 things that I love…
1. My sister. Lara’s graduating on Friday from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington with a degree in Social Work. How could I not be excited to go and celebrate with her from Thursday to Sunday? We’re hoping to take a better picture than this one to the right. We were soaking wet from a rainy ghost tour in Wilmington in 2008!
2. The Pastor, by Eugene Peterson. My pal Katie told me to read it because it’s like someone wrote about your life. She was right. I put it up there with This Odd and Wondrous Calling.
3. Farmers’ Market open again! My joy was made complete Saturday morning as the friends and I headed over to Mt Pleasant for the opening day of the farmers’ market. There were heaps of asparagus. The fresh bread smell was floating along and calling people into the market. We also bought bacon for brunch. Then, we feasted on a farmers’ market brunch. Is it Saturday yet?
4. Hebrew Bible. Well yes, I love it general. That is thanks in part (in most) to my wonderful Hebrew Scriptures professor Dr. Ngan, but also I love story. We are about to begin a new Sunday School series on Abraham and Sarah, Isaac and Rebekah and Jacob, Leah and Rachel called Dynasty. I’m so excited I could pop. I can’t wait to spend hours each week delving into commentary on these all-too-familiar stories, which have more depth than we’ll ever know.
5. Waffle House. I had never been until two months ago. How did I miss out on this my whole life?