1. Goooooood morning Spring! Finally, Spring has sprung in your nation’s capital. Our beautiful cherry blossoms were in bloom before it was really nice out, but now the weather has caught up with them and I celebrate. The light rain this morning smelled of spring and the flowers got caught up in the breeze.
2. Lewis Fellows. I’ve written about these colleagues before, but last week we gathered one last time. It’s hard to believe this was our last meeting and that we’ve been together for almost a year. We have laughed and cried together and talked late into the night over beer about the future of the church and what part we might play in that. I’m so deeply thankful for these 16. We already have reunion tour 2012 planned! (Everyone hates this picture, but it’s the only one we have. Yes, I ruined the photo opp in Miami).
3. Spa World. I recently made my first trip to SpaWorld. BooP told me that it would be life-changing and he was right. My friend Kate recently wrote about her experience on Fidelia’s Sisters. Check it out!
4. Keeping the Feast. I’m reading this fantastic memoir right now about a journalist couple who suffered great tragedy and eventually ended up back in Rome. Healing from their trauma, all the writer could really do was cook and visit a little church near her home on the way back from the market. I love the story of sitting around the table bringing healing. Eucharist, anyone?
5. Spinach and Shrimp risotto. Speaking of good food, I enjoyed this little treat for dinner last night. But we substituted Parmesan for goat cheese and vegetable stock for chicken stock as I am currently vegetarian during Lent. We also threw in some mushrooms because…you can’t go wrong with mushrooms. I can’t wait to eat my leftovers in a little bit!