1. Lent. IT IS FINALLY HERE. I love the solemnity. I love giving people permission to grieve. Our culture doesn’t do that too often and it is a deep sign of sadness. Lent is here and it is time to turn inward and outward with patience and thought. Also, I would like to put it out there that I’m tired of people being annoyed at what other people give up for Lent. It’s the idea of giving something up- it is a marking stone on our path each day as we pause to remember. So, who cares if it is chocolate, caffeine, the radio or facebook? What matters is that we pause and remember.
2. Vacation. I have the travel bug again. Where will the next trip be to? Stay tuned.
3. Birthdays. Mine was two weeks ago and I celebrated the big 2-9. It was a perfect day with all the ones I love around me.
4. Sushi. This is a new found love in my life. For so long I just couldn’t take the plunge, but recently someone encouraged me and it’s been an obsession since then. I had the perfect peanut-avocado roll the other day. Sigh…
5. Sex Series over at The Young Clergy Women Project. Finally, a group of female clergy who are writing about sexuality, theology and life. I find the approach refreshing and I am so proud to be a part of this organization.