Last night, I headed to the 9:30Club with BANJ, CC and Deacon to see the one and only Josh Ritter. I’d never seen him before, but to say that he brought anything less than joy would be untrue. This week’s 5 Things I Love will be a special Josh Ritter edition.
1. He was so HAPPY. I’ve never been in the presence of a performer who seemed to genuinely love what he was doing so much. My friend Sarah told me it would be this way, but nothing prepared me for his toothy, wide-mouthed grin.
2. Valentine’s Day. It was sappy and it was sweet, but he read Valentines from the audience. One included a marriage proposal. Adorable.
3. The Curse. On the heels of reading valentines, he sang his song about a mummy falling in love with an archaeologist. What’s not the love?
4. The band. I was impressed with how everything they did flowed so well together. I often wonder how many hours of preparation something like that takes. They were in sync.
5. Scott Hutchison. The lead singer from Frightened Rabbit opened. Thank you Josh, for this treat.