1. Christmas trees. We got our real, live Christmas tree on Saturday at 14th and T, NW. Our house looks and smells magical. Maybe we have five trees in the house. It might be true.
2. Concerts. In the last week, I have either purchased or arranged tickets for the following: The Avett Brothers, The Low Anthem, Patty Griffin, Joshua Radin, Bright Eyes and The Wailin’ Jennys. February and March will be great months.
3. Kids in worship. Our children helped lead us in worship on Sunday by lighting the Advent candle, offering the Call to Worship and in music. I am so reminded of my childhood and how much baggage I have/had because of it and bad theology. I hope our kids walk away each week knowing they are loved by God and are called to love others.
4. Christmas cards. I love getting them. I love sending them.
5. Terra Trendz. I’ve posted about this company before, but they deserve another shout out. They continue to provide quality, eco-friendly products and excellent customer service. I bought some Christmas presents from them; I hope you will too!