This year, I seemed to be drawn toward the theme of light in the darkness. Other years It has been a combination of our themes of hope, peace, joy and love. Sometimes it has centered more on peace. I’m not sure why I’ve been drawn toward light this year, but I bet if I pay attention, I’ll find out.
Wishing you hope this week…
1. Head Full of Doubt- The Avett Brothers. The darkness and light makes you think.
2. Waiting for my Child- Patty Griffin. We are all waiting for a child to come these days…
3. I Will Follow you into the Dark- Cadillac Sky. I wonder what it might mean if we all followed each other into the dark?
4. There Will be a Light- Ben Harper and the Blind Boys of Alabama. We all have incarnation moments in our lives.
5. Wait- Get Set Go. Wait for the dawn my dear.
6. Winter- Joshua Radin. While I wait…remembering, waiting and hoping.
7. Winter Winds- Mumford & Sons. Beauty triumphs doubt, let love grow.
8. The Trumpet Child- Over the Rhine. The Gospel according to Over the Rhine. “The meek and mild are strangely bold.”
9. There’s Still My Joy- Indigo Girls. This song made me Charlie-brown cry the first time I listened to it. Grief and joy co-exist within everyone.
10. Untitled 3- Sigur Ros. Just wait…you’ll know when hope is here.
11. O Come O Come Emmanuel- Rosie Thomas. Our heart’s true cry?
12. One- U2. Is it getting better? A good question for us to ponder.
13. The Wonder Song- Indigo Girls. Tell us the story/fill us with wonderful.
14. Joy to the World- Sufjan Stevens. We need some joy in this mix.
15. Soon Love Soon- Vienna Teng. Soaring voice for the silent plea.
16. O Holy Night- Mariah Carey. This song will always and forever be on any Advent/Christmas mix I ever make.
17. The World Exploded into Love- Bob Schneider. This would be a fun visual.
18. Christmas Song- Dave Matthews Band. DMB goes ahead and tells the story.