1. The return. I love the feeling of returning to work after vacation and knowing I have about a two-day buffer to catch up on life. My inbox is now tamed, I was able to visit with everyone who came into church today and had time to make a to-do list. Oddly satisfying. It is relaxing to me because I know I have the space to do all of this with wonderful colleagues and a healthy work environment.
2. Hot tea on a rainy afternoon. As soon as I got home from work, I put the kettle on, made some sweet and spicy tea and opened up to tonight’s chapter for Theology on Draft about the Apostles’ Creed. (I mean, who doesn’t want to read about: He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.? YIKES!)
3. Playing the “this time last week I was in…” game. In case you were wondering, this time last week, I was walking around in Rome on a Twilight Tour.
4. My new boots. I finally found the perfect casual boot. I have been looking long and hard and there they were– at DSW, on sale and I had a coupon (classic Leah shopping experience). Too good to be true. I might wear them everyday. TBD.
5. Surprise meet-ups with friends. I feel like our lives in DC (well, everywhere) are so scheduled that there isn’t much time to just meet up with a friend a catch up. Last night, I had the chance to do so as we were both in the hood at the same time and just decided to get tea at Sticky Fingers and discuss life. Life-giving, quality conversation.