1. Lewis Fellows. I love these colleagues. Our time is just beginning and the conversation is already rich, hopeful and encouraging. We meet quarterly, this time in Kansas City. I’m upholding my loyalty to the Missouri side of KC (even though we’re on the Kansas side) as I feel I am obliged to do because of pals JDough, Brantley and Meagan. Speaking of which, how lucky am I that I get to travel to Kansas City, hang out with Lewis Fellows AND see seminary friend, Meagan? I am full.
2. Books. I love the way they smell. I love how the bindings are different on every one. I love how I can go to the library and even the sound is the same as I pick up each book. I’m reading at least five books right now. I need a syllabus.
3. Creative space. I had two flights yesterday to get to Kansas City. I had time to think and read and dream up wild ideas, which were in no way encroached by email or a to-do list. I am thankful for moments like those.
4. Central time. OK, maybe I’m loving Kansas City…a lot. DrPepper, BBQ, I35, KU Basketball fans representing a portion of the Big 12. I know I’m not in Texas, but it feels familiar.
5. Calvary’s new website. It is finally finished and that is what I love about it.