For the record, I have great intentions of this blog not just being about things I love on Tuesdays. So many posts in the works. In my amazing, organized nerd-ness, I am about to create a schedule for myself- with deadlines. Good to know that Journalism degree paid off. But it is Tuesday and there are many things I love today.
1. The way the city woke up this morning. The heat is back this week, but this morning offered a cool breeze on bare arms. I walked to Sticky Fingers for some breakfast and a meeting. The neighborhood seemed extra alert today and full of life.
2. I was at Starbucks yesterday and overheard the manager saying that “it” was coming in the next week. My hope and my prayer is that “it” refers to a pumpkin spice latte. I need to get a life.
3. I love the energy surrounding fall programming at church. Summer was a good rest for all of us, but we are gearing up again for small groups, classes and study opportunities at Calvary. This year, so many people have come up to me and asked about when they could be in a group because it is now part of their yearly routine. Talk about making my heart sing. Should you be interested in one, we have seven different groups to choose from this year.
4. Watching TV with my Losties. We reunited last night in honor of Rachel’s birthday. We no longer have LOST, but I believe we will start fresh with a new TV show: The Wire. None of us really watch TV in real life. What did we do before DVDs? I love getting together with these pals because nothing is as it seems.
5. I love the backstory of this situation. And I’ll tell you more if you ask. But for right now, if you know Molly, please be in touch: trying to help a friend, does anyone know someone name Molly (not sure on spelling) who moved to DC about a year ago from Seattle, is 26 and has a tattoo on her arm? Additional info: She works for a think tank, tattoo is on the inside of her left arm, and she kind of looks like the lead singer of St. Vincent.