1. My vacation is only days away. A beachfront bungalow awaits. If you wanted to be jealous, this is where we’re staying. I love prepping for a trip almost as much as I love going on the trip.
2. I’ve been working on a nerdy theology class to offer at Calvary in the fall. It is based on a class from seminary with Mike Stroope, missions professor extraordinaire. His class, Missional Church was my favorite class I took at Truett. Each person in the class becomes a specific theologian or movement in church history or present day. People like Augustine, Rosemary Radford Ruether and Thomas Helwys all come to the table and will attempt to discuss their most basic beliefs. Rich discussion always ensues. I can’t wait! Class will run for six weeks on Sunday nights in September and October. Holler if you’re interested.
3. My boss, the lovely Amy Butler just gifted me with the treasure of Lush this morning. She knows me so well. Olive branch shower gel. “Reassuring shower gel to hold you in its arms and keep you safe. With vine leaves and fresh mandarin juice, sicilian olives and bergamot.” I don’t know what it will reassure me of, but I’ve kept it open on my desk much of the day today just so the smell of Lush could fill the air.
4. I love puzzles. Like this one that the roommates and I have been working on the past few days. Puzzle working is especially satisfying because it is a process that has a decisive outcome. So much of my day to day is filled with hope and faith–both good things, but once in awhile I need to feel like I achieve something concrete. Enter the puzzle.
5. Diet coke. Just in general.